“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” -Dr. Suess
I love Valentine’s Day because I’ve been in love with the same man for over 30 years. He is handsome, romantic and he makes me laugh every single day. We share many of the same interests and we like to do fun things together far more than we like to buy things for each other.
If you really want to be romantic this Valentine’s Day go beyond what is expected…a card, chocolates, flowers, lingerie and even jewelry. While most women (and men) love to be remembered and cherished on Valentine’s Day, my challenge for you is to think outside of the “Valentine’s Box”. This year instead of the normal, traditional, expected gifts – what if you tried something completely different?
Here are five ideas to think about…you still have over a week to prepare!
- Give your sweetheart the gift of an experience…a romantic dinner that you prepare, but keep it simple so you can relax and enjoy the evening.
- Give the gift of massage. (Mention this blog post at Veritas Massage and receive a 15% discount!)
- Give a gift certificate for house cleaning. (We all appreciate a clean house – Try Abby’s Cleaning Service, 360-255-9791)
- Take him/her away for a night or a weekend. (Get creative – search online or Groupon. Valentine’s night is expensive, but many great deals are available)
- Give him/her the gift of organizing. Most women and men dream of more simplified spaces. A newly organized kitchen or garage will pay big dividends for much longer than the flowers, jewelry or chocolates.
These are gifts that are sure to win their heart this Valentine’s Day and for years to come. Invest in each other! Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day!