“There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness and truth.” ~ Leo Tolstoy
To welcome fall I have put together a list of a few really quick things that you can do today to make home and life a little sweeter!
- Brighten your front door! (Add a ‘hello’ sign, I purchased mine at JoAnns for $2 on clearance).
- Reevaluate how you use your furniture. Can a dresser be repurposed and used in your entry to store items that you need everyday?
- Remove 10 things that you no longer need from your home and donate them to your favorite charity.
- Bin or hang your clean clothing instead of folding everything. I don’t fold anything that doesn’t matter…sleepwear, tanks, underwear, leggings etc.
- Clean your trash can by pouring 1 cup of bleach into the bottom and letting it sit for an hour. Then just swish and rinse.
- Rearrange your living room and add additional lighting (this is especially important as we head into the darker months).
- Choose an inspiration piece and do some simple redesign based on that piece. ( I love to shop for clients based on their inspiration… a small piece of art, a pillow or a favorite fabric).
- Paint something for a fresh new look. (I recently spray painted an ugly tray so that I can continue to use it.)
- Use hooks everywhere! In your bathroom, in your closets, in your entry. Hooks are much easier to use then hangers!
- Invite friends/family over for a simple meal and a special time of face to face connection.
If your home or office needs some freshening up the OAL team is talented and full of crazy redesign skills which can save you from costly remodeling mistakes! Contact us today!