Fall is in the air!
As summer winds down and we begin preparing for a new school year the pace of life increases. Creating a bit of order now will keep chaos from reigning in your home.
Here are a few of my favorite tips for getting organized for a new school year.
Prioritize: Set goals-what is most important to you, your spouse and your kids? You can’t do it all so determine together what you will do and focus your energies there.
Plan Ahead: We can’t anticipate everything but we can be prepared for so much. School schedules/events, sports, lessons, work, meals, chores, exercise and family time. A little planning and organization can make a big difference as you prepare for fall.
A few things you can do with your kids as summer comes to a close:
- Sort kids clothing and eliminate anything they don’t like or that no longer fits them.
- Declutter bedrooms…yours and theirs. Nothing complicates life more than unnecessary clutter.
- Establish a drop zone for backpacks, sports bags, shoes etc. to keep them from being deposited all over the house.
- Create a family/life management area (I usually recommend somewhere in the kitchen).
- Use a bulletin board or magnetic board to track schedules, lists, reminders for each family member.
Play: People often complain that there is little time for fun in their life because so much of life is structured. Remember that you are in control of your schedule and if you don’t like it, change it!
Blue Skies for Children is a local nonprofit which sponsors enrichment programs and other essentials for homeless, low-income and foster children in Whatcom and Skagit Counties. You can learn more about how they invest in the community by visiting http://www.blueskiesforchildren.org/ or calling (360) 756-6710.
Organized at Last Fall Classes
The Simply Organized Home- $95
Thursday, September 20th 9:00am- 2:30pm
Organizing Paperwork Permanently- $45
Wednesday, October 3rd 7:00pm- 9:00pm
Simplifying the Holidays- $45
Monday, November 5th 7:00pm- 9:00pm
Private classes are currently available. Contact Organized at Last to customize a class for you, your friends and family. With 7 guests, your registration is FREE!